Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

First Project Coming Soon

I am very excited about this new sewing circle ministry!

In case you're wondering, we will primarily be doing sewing projects for local ministries and charities. (We may add projects for knitting or crocheting in the future.) If there are needs in our own church body or if some of our missionaries have needs in their overseas ministries, we will also try to meet those needs. Primarily, though, we want to use the gifts God has given us to show love to those in our community who are in need.

In case some of you don't know me very well, I am what I would call a BEGINNER when it comes to sewing. I have done some very simple projects (nothing fancy) and am pretty much a self-taught, learn-it-as-I-need-it kind of gal. So, as you can imagine, I will be trying to keep the sewing circle projects pretty simple, which will also allow more people to participate.

I will be coordinating the projects we do, but I will probably be asking all of YOU for advice when it comes to making the items. If you have tips that will help others with the projects, feel free to share them here on the blog. One of the great secondary benefits to sewing in a group is learning from the experience of others!

Feel free to contact me with any questions about the sewing circle. I have put a Frequently Asked Question page on the page bar (right under the header) on this site, so you may find the answer to some of your questions there, too.

I will be announcing our first project here next week. Stay tuned!

No comments: