Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

First Sewing Circle Recap

The first meeting of the sewing circle was a huge success (even if I DO say so myself!). We were able to get all the curtains nearly completed and a few blankets completed. In addition, Kay M. got 30 blocks completed on her additional project that she brought. Not bad for just 2 hours of work!

Below are some pictures I took of the hard-working sewing circle participants. I witnessed a lot of older women encouraging the younger ones throughout the afternoon. I also personally learned a lot from many of you.



I'm so thankful to all the women and girls who came and worked hard yesterday. A special thanks to Mae for donating all that gorgeous drapery fabric and for sharing her expertise with the group.

We will continue this project next month (August 8th) and will try to finish the curtains and make some more blankets. If you have some fleece for the blankets that you can bring next month, please let me know either by e-mail or by commenting on the blog so I will know how much is coming. (The fleece should be in 2.5 yard lengths for the blankets.) We could also use some coordinating satin blanket binding to finish the tops of the blankets. I think a few women will be bringing sergers next time to finish the edges of the fleece. I'm looking forward to learning about that since I've never used a serger.

Thank you to everyone for a great start to this ministry!

No comments: