Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July Project: Nursing Covers for Crisis Pregnancy Center

Our normal meeting time for July sewing circle is THIS Sunday, July 10th. Since there are so many conflicts again this week during our normal meeting time, we will not meet together for sewing circle this month. However, I do have a project for you and will have kits available at the information desk Sunday morning for you to pick up and make at home.

Last month, we made smocks for our church nursery (and if you took a kit to make at home and haven't brought it to me yet, you can find me on Sunday or leave it at the information desk). I also mentioned that our nursery could use some nursing covers, so this month we will make nursing covers for our nursery (they could use about 5 more) and will make some extras for the Crisis Pregnancy Center.

Here is a link to my instructions. I took a set of free instructions (used to make the one in the photo below) and modified it slightly. If you want to make these using your own materials, feel free to use my instructions or any that you already have. I willl have 13 kits with instructions and all the materials you need (except for thread, of course) at the information desk this Sunday. Pick up as many as you want to make and then bring them back to me when you're finished.



Hopefully next month we will be able to meet together again. Until then, thank you for continuing to participate in these projects at home.

No comments: