Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Project 4: Valentine Pillow Cases for ACH

January is approaching quickly, so I wanted to send out some information about our January 9th sewing circle project.

Because Valentine's Day is right around the corner, we want to shower the children at Arkansas Children's Hospital with love by making heart-themed pillowcases.



Be on the lookout for cute Valentine-themed fabrics. I have already seen some in the stores. You can find instructions for making pillowcases here or here. Because of infection control, all fabric for the pillowcases must be new (not recycled). I will bring ziplock bags in which to place each of the finished pillowcases.

I hope to see you all there!

2 comments:

besnini said...

Guess what? I am planning on coming this time!!! I do have a question or two. Should we pre-wash our fabric? How much prep work would you like us to do prior to our meeting at church? I'm so excited that it looks like I will get to come this time :)

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you're going to be able to join us!

I think, because these are going to ACH, they prefer that you do not pre-wash the fabric. They specifically state that they want new materials, but they didn't say anything about pre-washing. The guidelines are here. Let me know if you think I'm reading that incorrectly. I'm not sure if they launder them before giving them to patients or not?

If you have time to pre-cut your fabric before sewing circle day, that would save some time, but it's not necessary. We typically have one "cutting station" set up and that's often where the bottleneck is.