Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cool Tool: Bias Tape Maker

I am working on making some kits for the walker bag project and I'm having so much fun with a little tool that Mae introduced to me. It's called a bias tape maker and it falls directly in the "Why didn't I think of this?" category.

You just cut your fabric twice the width of the finished bias tape, run it through the little gizmo, and iron as you pull the handle down the strip of fabric. Voila! Instant bias tape in a fraction of the cost! How cool is that?


I'm probably the last person on the planet to know about these things, but they are so cool I just couldn't resist sharing them with you anyway. And they come in several different sizes, too!

Bias tape is pretty expensive, and making it without one of these gizmos is quite time consuming. I am already daydreaming about all the fun projects these will help with... and how I'll spend all that time and money I'm saving...

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness. ::jaw on floor:: AMAZING TOOL! I'll put this on my must have someday list. :-)